Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Verdict

The verdict is in, I am officially at the hospital until babies decide they want to come.
I spent the weekend in the hospital, and got my cervix checked again on Monday morning. As we suspected it had shrunk even more. 
The attending high risk doctor, Dr. Branch, came in and talked with me later that day and said they would feel better if I was here. There is nothing much they can actually do for me, just keep an eye on me, and give me drugs when needed. But when these babies decide its time to come, they are probably going to come fast. 
We need to try and keep them in to at least 28 weeks, and everything after that is even better. I want to do whatever is best for these kiddos, so if that means sitting in a hospital bed for an undetermined amount of time, then that is what I will do. 
It has not been too bad so far, today marks a week since I was admitted. And tomorrow will mark 26 weeks into my pregnancy. I have been staying busy with cross stitching and movies mostly. Justin comes to see me most mornings before going to work, and then comes and spends the evening with me. My awesome dad comes to see me most days and brings me cheese. There is a movie rental machine downstairs so we watched The Secret World of Walter Mitty the other day. We will probably get to watch a a lot more movies together. 
Periodiclly I get other visitors either family or hospital staff. Its nice to break up the day with that.
So my new boaring adventure has started. I want to say hopefully it does not last long, but hopefully it does last long so these babies have a better start when they decide to come. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had that much going on! We need to be closer like stat. Call me so I can bring you coldstone and stuffs.

    ReplyDelete