Friday, September 5, 2014

Home Sweet Home

I ended up staying in the hospital for 2 weeks. Justin would come up sometimes in the mornings, and after work to spend the evening with me. My Dad would come up and spend most of the afternoons with me. We watched a few movies, and chatted. I also got some other visitors, like my puppies (Thanks Becca and Tony for watching them), and lots of treats.
Outside of that I was on my own. I stitched, and read, and watched videos, and tried to fill the time as best that I could.
The worst thing about the hospital is waking up at 5 in the morning. The doctors do their rounds between 5 and 6. The University of Utah is also a training hospital, so I would get a student doctor and then the resident. They were very rice, so I really didn't mind much. The nurse then came in around 6 to listen to the babies heart tones. Also, the aide would come in and do my vitals around the same time. Between 7 and 7:30 is shift change. So my night nurse and my day nurse would come in and spend some time going over my stats, and why I was there. I would get a little bit of sleep, and then my breakfast would come in around 8 or 8:30. Most days I would just fade in and out of sleep until about 10, and then finally wake up for the day.
Almost 2 weeks into my stay the attending high risk doctor brought up the possibility of coming home. I was pretty excited. I had been pretty stable and boring for the last week, and hospital food was getting really old, really fast.
Then on Wednesday morning the nurse came in and said, I just got your discharge orders. Say what? I knew it was a possibility but didn't know it was official. I called Justin and he came down and got me, and we packed up and went home. I have to go up to the hospital twice a week for stress tests, but that is a small price to pay to be able to stay at home.
Its really wonderful to be home. I get to cuddle with my puppies and watch movies all day and stitch or pretty much do whatever. I am sure I will get sick of it pretty fast considering I had to quit my job to stay home on bed rest. But, once again, if it helps the babies stay in longer, I am willing to be bored out my mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment