Sunday, September 14, 2014

Home Sweet Home...again

After a few days in the hospital, I got to come home on Friday afternoon. It was nice to know that I was really coming home this time, and I did not have to go back (at least to stay...visiting everyday does not count). It was hard to leave the babies there, but really not as hard as I thought. I knew I could not take care of them, and they are also in the best place they could possibly be. I also can't do anything for them, but of course love them, look at them, and change their diaper at specific times in the day. I'll do another post about their first week in the NBICU next.

Before I went home I had to get a bunch of stuff done. I got a flu shot, and a T-dap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) shot. I also needed to get my staples out. For some reason the thought of getting the staples taken out was terrifying. I'm usually pretty easy going, and things like that don't bother me, but I would just shake, almost uncontrollably at the thought of it. My nurses kept telling me not to worry, and that it was not bad at all. She said most patients say its about the pain equivalent to getting your eye brows plucked. I believed them, but I was still terrified. I felt really dumb.
It finally came time to take them out, and I of course was shaking, but I think I did a pretty good job at calming down. Of course they were right, it barely hurt at all. Most of them I didn't even feel when they took them out. There was a few in the middle that hurt pretty bad, but she said they were imbedded a little, so it was a little harder to get those ones out. Even though it really didn't hurt much, I am still glad that It was over quickly.

We finally got home. I was very excited, except that I had to climb a flight of stairs to get in. I was going really slow, and Justin went up ahead of me. He walked in, and I was only about half way up the stairs and he yells down to me "someone cleaned the house". I pretty much broke down into tears. Of course it was my wonderful mother that cleaned the house that morning. It was just about the greatest gift I could of asked for. And then a few hours later she brought us dinner.

It is now Sunday and my third day home. I was ambitious and went to an hour of church. For the most part I feel OK. I'm really sore, and really tired. I don't know how other people do it. I can't image trying to recover from a c-section and then taking twins home a few days later. I have a great respect for those that have. I would of needed an army.

1 comment:

  1. Way to stay positive! Get lots of sleep, you will need it when they come home!

    ReplyDelete