Friday, August 22, 2014

25 Weeks

Usually I wait a few weeks before posting again, but there is never a dull moment with this pregnancy. If you remember from the last post I was admitted into the hospital because of my short cervix. Well guess what! One week later I was getting my cervix measured again, and it shrunk some more. This time by almost half.
This week has been a repeat of what happened last week. I am currently sitting in my hospital bed typing away because I am bored out my mind.
There is not much they can do for me right now, they just want to observe me, and have me close by if something were to happen. They are telling me I may get to go home on Monday, it just depends on how my cervix looks again on Monday.
My honest feeling, or maybe its just wishful thinking, is that these babies will probably come earlier than I would like, but I still have a few weeks to go. My goal is to get them to at least 30 weeks. However,  I am thankful for every day that they stay in, and grow bigger and stronger. I am also thankful for my amazing husband who brings me whatever I need to stay sane, including flowers, skeins of floss when I run out of a certain color, clean clothes, candy, pictures of my pups (who I miss terribly), and whatever else I may need or want.

We are still trying to get as prepared as possible. From last week's visit we had a bit of a fire list under us. Justin went home that weekend and worked his tail off. Jake and Justin painted the nursery on Friday and Saturday. Justin Went to Ikea on Saturday with his cousin Becca and her husband Tony and they helped get cribs and a dresser. He then spent the rest of the weekend building furniture. We got the car seats and stroller purchased, and they came on Tuesday. There is still lots to do, but I have wonderful help from my parents, and we have a lot of great family who is willing to help us out with whatever we need. Even if what I need is pretzels, and picking up packages and bringing them to the hospital for me. (thanks Dad)

Things I have learned from being in the hospital...

  • It's not that great when the Emergency staff welcomes you back.
  • Keep a good attitude, its probably going to be a long road, and a bad attitude will just make it longer. 
  • Learn to let people help you. (This has been one of the hardest lessons to learn, and I am still learning)
I'm sure I have learned more, but those are the ones that stand out the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment