Saturday, March 15, 2014

May 2013 to December 2013

This was probably one of the hardest times for me in last few years. I felt like my world had shattered!! The day Justin lost his job I broke down and cried and cried and cried. I went to work and cried some more. Luckily I had a great friend (and family member) at work that was compassionate and he told me everything was going to be OK.
It felt like everything we had worked for the last year had been lost. We had to stop, we could not afford to do anymore. 
Justin worked really hard to find a new job, and I worked extra hours at my job to try and make up a little of the difference. But, we still could not afford the medical bills that were coming in.
Side note: the U has a great billing program! Just had to throw that out there. 
We also felt very strongly that an IVF loan was not the way to go. We had already piled on the credit card debt for the insemination's, and we didn't want to add another $10,000 in debt.

It's funny how a life shattering event (at the time) can turn into one of your greatest blessings. Justin was able to find an even better job with a great company and great co workers.
Then in October we decided that I should try and get a job there too. 
The best part was insurance premiums were paid for my the company. So starting in January we were both covered, with zero premiums, and we elected for $2500 each in flex money. So starting February 1st we were already half way to having the money we needed for IVF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment